We are looking for people who love listening to loud music, the sound of smashing glass, and taking care of customers. That sound like you? Read below and hit Apply Now if you want to have a job at The Break Room.
What do you want me to do?
You'll be talking with folks who want a shot of adrenaline or might be getting over a bad breakup. It's your job to make customers feel like legends as they smash their way to catharsis. Here's a list of responsibilities so you know what you're in for.
- Customer service, greet guests and facilitate sessions
- Safety, making sure everyone is kitted out in safety gear and ensuring everyone has a safe experience
- Grunt work, refilling crates with crockery, crushing boxes, sweeping broken glass and other physical work
What skills should I have?
We’re looking for someone who’s multi-faceted.
- Proven excellent customer service experience (retail, hospo, y’know)
- Empathy, people who visit us can be going through a rough time and we are a judgement free environment for them
- Sales, you’ll be prompting folks to buy that ugly clown statue so it can stop looking into your soul each shift
- Willingness to learn processes
- Confident and outgoing
- Safety consious
- Can work solo or in a team
- First Aid Certificate (or willingness to learn)
- Drivers license + car is a big plus
- Must be available to work during the week with weekend shifts being mandatory
Shifts will be between 5 - 12h long depending on your preference.
What's it like working at The Break Room?
Working for us is a good chance to work in a customer service job which doesn't suck the life out of you. At The Break Room the number one thing is to provide our customers with an awesome experience. We'll always go the extra mile. We take pride in our job and work smarter rather than harder. The Break Room is in the middle of Collingwood, open from 6:30pm - 10pm on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays and 11am - 6pm on Saturday and Sunday. It's super close to Smith St, Brunswick St is only a skip away and what's not to love about your local being The Gem?
I'm in! What's next?
Hit Apply Now below and put the subject "Gimme a break!". Send through your resume and a cover letter and we'll have a gander. Due to volume we might not be able to get back to everyone.