We need a manager here at The Break Room and are looking for someone who loves listening to loud music, the sound of smashing glass and making sure things run smoothly. That sound like you? Read below and hit Apply Now if you want to have a job at The Break Room.
What do you want me to do?
You'll be talking with folks who want a shot of adrenaline or might be getting over a bad breakup. Our customers are typically 20-35 women and it's your job to make them feel like rockstars as they smash their way to catharsis. You're going to be responsible for the day-to-day smooth running of The Break Room, that's everything from customer service through to cleaning up. Initially you'll be working with the Founder to learn the ropes and processes but you'll soon be running things and given the remit to make things even better. Here's a list of responsibilities so you know what you're in for.
- Customer service, you'll be briefing, making small talk and getting feedback from customers
- Safety, making sure everyone is kitted out in safety gear and making judgement calls
- Grunt work, refilling crates with crockery, crushing boxes, sweeping broken glass etc
- Managing bookings, juggling group bookings and keeping an eye on the day's manifest
- Getting creative, having ideas and implementing them once approved
- Working with a small team
What skills should I have?
We’re looking for someone who’s multi-skilled. Checkit below.
- Business minded, you're here to help us grow not just shuffle papers
- Proven excellent customer service experience (retail, hospo, y’know)
- Social media account management, big plus
- Management experience, have you managed an event or a team before? Perfect
What's it like working at The Break Room?
Working for us is a good chance to work in a customer service job which doesn't suck the life out of you. At The Break Room the number one thing is people having an awesome experience. We'll always go the extra mile to make things a bit better for folks coming through. Whether that be chucking in a few more breakables because they just been broken up with or sourcing something they've always wanted to break. We take pride in our work and work smarter rather than harder. The Break Room is in the middle of Collingwood, open from 6:30pm - 10pm on Fridays and 11am - 6pm on Saturday and Sunday. It's super close to Smith St, Brunswick St is only a skip away and what's not to love about your local being The Gem? We'll support you and a remit to get creative with the business.
I'm in! What's next?
Hit Apply Now below and put the subject "Gimme a break!". Send through resumes, portfolios and the like and we'll have a gander. Due to volume we might not be able to get back to everyone.